Applying for Long-Term Accommodation (3 months or more)
We’d love to hear from you if you are interested in joining our homely, international community.
To apply for long-term accommodation, you must fulfil the following minimum requirements:
- Be a full-time postgraduate student for the full period for which you are applying;
- Have sufficient financial resources to meet your expenses;
- Be engaged in an academic programme that will contribute to the development of your society or the overall improvement of human welfare (preferable);
- Be willing to contribute your talents, skills, aptitudes or interests to the community life of the Centre.
- are members of Lutheran churches;
- are normally resident in a developing country;
- are interested in staying for the full academic year, i.e. September to September;
- Supply all the necessary documents at the point of application.
The Centre always makes an effort to ensure that residents with different religious faiths and views are given places at the Centre. Usually about two-thirds of the residents are Christians from any denomination and about a third are non-Christian or of no religion.
The beliefs of other faith communities are fully respected, and the Centre promotes mutual understanding and tolerance among persons of different religious beliefs.
Applicants for holiday lets and short-term stays do not need to fulfil the same criteria, however all applicants must be 18 or older.
It will not be possible for the Admissions Panel to assess your application if you don’t provide all the necessary supporting documents and ensure that they live up to requirements. Applicants who give very short answers (less than 3 sentences per question) are rarely successful.
When you apply for long-term accommodation you must take into consideration the above timeframe and try to apply as early as possible. We recommend applying at least 10 business days before you wish to arrive.
Applicants are asked to provide details of any disability or serious allergy as the Centre may need to allocate certain rooms or make certain adjustments to meet applicants’ needs. The Centre will retain this information for applicants offered a room as a record of their requirements and may provide this to appropriate staff.
Any information given in your application is confidential to the Admissions Panel and staff of the Centre.
The offer will contain a deadline within which you must respond. To accept the offer, you must fill out an Acceptance Form and make a booking fee payment equal to one month’s License Fee (i.e. the first month’s rent in advance). If you fail to return the Acceptance Form and/or make your booking fee payment within the deadline the room will be offered to another applicant. We are unable to hold or reserve rooms.
To apply please click on StarRez logo.